Information Technology Services is upgrading its Virtual Private Network (VPN) service on August 16, 2016 to improve the reliability and security of this system. Key benefits include:
- Controlled access through group membership
- Secure, two-factor authentication for users with access to Level 1 data (a requirement from recent Information Security audit finding)
The new VPN service can be accessed at https://vpn.sfsu.edu. Users will be required to select their respective VPN group when logging in. Users with access to restricted services will additionally need to use Duo two-factor authentication.
If you have any questions, please e-mail email@example.com.
Information Technology Services (ITS) has successfully migrated approximately 200 websites from Acquia hosting to Pantheon container based hosting. The primary intention was to move away from multi-site architecture which presented several roadblocks for scalability and maintainability. The migration was done with minimal to no disruption for the site owners and was completely transparent to the end-users. Key benefits of the move to Pantheon:
- Reliable – Eliminates single points of failure
- Scalable – There is no technical limitation on scaling
- Flexible – Gives colleges the ability to do custom work without impacting the shared Drupal code base
- Less maintenance – Eliminates the need to host local demo – everything has moved to the cloud
Information Technology Services (ITS), has successfully migrated the VoIP phones (197 lines) and voicemail services in the library from CENIC to NEC system.
Staff in the library are encouraged to contact ITS Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-338-1420 if they experience any phone and voicemail issues.
Information Technology Services (ITS) has successfully migrated the NEC RDS telephone system, which has served the campus for 32 years, with the NEC SV9500 (back-up telephone system). Included in the migration are 2600 single line phones in classrooms, elevators, blue-light emergency, courtesy, parking lot, alarm, and fax lines.
Staff are encouraged to contact the ITS Help Desk at email@example.com or 415-338-1420 if they experience any issues.
Information Technology Services (ITS) has completed the first phase of a multi-phased project to upgrade campus WiFi. To date, 300 new access points have replaced 110 end-of-life access points throughout the campus. Enhanced WiFi can be found in the following locations:
- Burk Hall
- The Student Services building
- The Library
- The Downtown Center
- Corp Yard
- Creative Arts
- Seven Hills Conference Center
- Housing Towers conference rooms
Further upgrades will be completed by October, 2016. If you have any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org